Welcome to the whimsical world of Joe’s Pocket. All you’ll find here are wrappers of pop culture and an iPod Nano.
Joseph Massaro, is an aspiring and thriving writer, who mainly focuses on writing about music and pop culture. Currently, he writes for his blog, Joe’s Pocket, but soon hopes to breakthrough and write somewhere more mainstream.
He graduated from high school in 2016 and attended Monroe Community College soon after. He is studying there for two years, of course to save money. He plans to transfer to Syracuse University or the College at Brockport, for two years, to continue his degree in journalism. He hopes to earn a Bachelors of Arts in Communications and Media studies and write for SPIN.He is 20 years old and still in college. Even though sometimes his school work will get in the way of his blog, he tries his best to not allow that and focus at least on one album a day. He became interested in music journalism in the tenth grade, when he heard the Records’ debut album, Shades in Bed (1979). He couldn’t believe how underappreciated the band, their album, and the power pop scene in the late seventies/early eighties was to the public.
His favorite things consist of:
- Watching reruns of Seinfeld and South Park.
- Running 5Ks (He hopes to become one of those “badass” old man runners in his lifetime).
- Record collecting.
- Watching “corny” classic horror movies.
- Some of his favorite artists/bands include: Spoon, the Beach Boys, The Who, Pavement, Queens of the Stone Age, and Beck.
- Some of his favorite movies include: Frankenstein (1931), A Clockwork Orange, American Psycho, The Darjeeling Limited, I Shot Jesse James, and Baby Driver.
Phone Number: (585)-469-8179